Family Sponsorship Australia | McFarlane Migration

Visa Services for Family Sponsorship to Australia

Do you want to live, work, or study in Australia?
Do you have a parent, sibling, spouse, partner, or child who already lives here?
Then an Australian family sponsored visa may be just what you need.

Are You Eligible?

There are currently several visas available for people with an Australian family member.

If your fiancé, spouse, or partner is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be able to apply for a temporary and/or permanent visa. There are also visas for children, adopted children, orphaned relatives, and parents of citizens and permanent residents. Alternatively, if you have the right qualifications, you may be eligible for Australian family sponsorship for a general skills visa.

Are You Eligible to Sponsor a Family Member?

To sponsor a family member to Australia, you must be a citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. You may also need to meet other eligibility criteria.

How Does McFarlane Migration Help You?

At McFarlane Migration Services, your Brisbane migration agent will explain the visa process and recommend the right family visa for your circumstances. They’ll also ensure you have the right supporting documents, and complete and submit your application for you. In addition to this, your agent will keep in touch if you need to transition from a temporary visa to a permanent one – or if you simply need advice about life in Australia.

Why McFarlane Migration?

With McFarlane Migration, your application will be prepared to the highest standard so you enjoy the best chance of success. Applying for family sponsorship to Australia can be complicated. However, with our personal, prompt, comprehensive service, you can be confident everything will be done properly.

Contact Us Today

Do you want to apply for a family sponsored visa, or sponsor a family member to Australia? McFarlane Migration can help you save time, money, and stress by ensuring you get your paperwork right. To discuss your eligibility, or to get started, contact McFarlane Migration today. Email, or call (+61) 0410 546 168.

Family Sponsorship Options

Prospective Marriage Visa – Subclass 300

If you’re engaged to marry an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen, you can apply for a Subclass 300 visa. This temporary visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to nine months. After you’re married, you can apply for a permanent visa. While you can get married in Australia or overseas on this visa, you must apply while you’re overseas.

Partner Provisional Visa and Partner Migrant Visa – Subclass 309 and 100

You must fulfil several criteria to be eligible for a Subclass 309 and Subclass 100 visa. Applying for these visas is a two-stage process. First, you’ll receive your Subclass 309 visa, which is a temporary visa that allows you to live in Australia with your Australian de facto partner or spouse. You must apply for this visa while you’re overseas. The second stage is to receive your Subclass 100 visa, which is a permanent visa. In some cases, you may be automatically eligible for a Subclass 100 visa.

Partner Visa – Subclass 820 and 801

Applying for a Subclass 820 and Subclass 801 visa is a two-stage process, and you must be in Australia to apply (and while your application is decided). The first stage is to receive your temporary Subclass 820 visa, which allows you to live in Australia with your Australian de facto partner or spouse. Next, you’ll receive your permanent Subclass 801 visa. If you fulfil certain criteria, you’ll automatically receive your Subclass 801 visa. Either way, you must meet strict eligibility criteria.

Visas for Children

If you want to bring your child, partner’s child, adopted child, or orphaned relative to live in Australia, you must apply for one of several different child visas. To act as a visa sponsor, you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Visas for Parents

If you have a child in Australia, or if you want to bring your parents to Australia, you may be eligible for one of several parent visas. Some are provisional, while others are permanent.

Skilled Regional Provisional Visa – Subclass 489 (Family Sponsored)

If you have qualifications or skills that are in demand in Australia, plus an eligible family member living in a designated region, you may qualify for family-sponsored provisional 489 visa. Once you fulfil certain requirements, you can then apply for a permanent 887 visa.

Contact McFarlane Migration Today

With so many potential visas to apply for – each with their own specific criteria – applying for a family sponsored visa can feel overwhelming. To take the stress and confusion out of the visa selection and application process, contact McFarlane Migration today at or call (+61) 0410 546 168.

Information about these visas is accurate as of 25 July 2016. For the latest information about any recent updates or changes, please contact McFarlane Migration today.