Australian Resident Return Visa

Australian Resident Return Visa (RRV)

As an Australian permanent resident you can enter and leave Australia as many times as you like in the first five years of your visa. After 5 years, if you wish to travel, you will need to become either an Australian citizen or apply for an Australian Resident Return Visa.

Eligibility for an Australian Resident Return Visa

In order to be eligible for a 5 year Resident Return Visa you must have spent at least 2 out of the last 5 years residing in Australia as a permanent resident.

For some Australian permanent residents who have resided overseas for work or family reasons and don’t meet the 2 out of 5 year requirement, all is not lost.  You may still be eligible for a 1 Year Resident Return Visa.  If you can show you have substantial business, cultural, employer or personal ties with Australia and you have not been absent for a continuous period of 5 years or more.

You may also be eligible for a resident return visa if you have a family member who holds a RRV visa or if you’re a New Zealand citizen and lived in Australia prior to 1 September 1994,

How Can We Help

Australian migration laws are confusing – especially when it comes to your rights and responsibilities as a permanent resident or former permanent resident. At McFarlane Migration Services we will assess your current situation and explain in easy-to-understand terms which resident return visa you are eligible for and how we go about getting a successful outcome for you.

If you’d rather apply for Australian citizenship, we can also assist you with this.

Call Us Today

Don’t be caught out on your next holiday and find that you can’t get back home.  To  ensure you avoid your own travel nightmare, contact McFarlane Migration today. Call us now on (+61) 07 5338 8235  (+61) 0410 546 168 or email